Monday 27 January 2014

More than just a Money Wallet


Hi Crafty friends.

I thought I'd start our crafty journey with a Money Wallet. A lot of people these days tend to ask for money rather than a wedding present. So, with that in mind I came up with this.
I used a peice of A4 Hunkydory foiled swirly card stock. Using my ultimate pro, I scored along the DL line, turned the card and scored along the DL line again. Fold into shape, bottom up and top down. To give this an envelope look, from the centre of the card, measure from each side an inch up from the bottom of the top flap. Put a small mark at the centre point. Cut to the centre creating a curve edge on both sides.  Next using super sticky tape, on the centre panel put 3mm tape on each side of the panel. Attached the bottom section to the middle making sure both sides are stuck together properly.  I used a double sided velco dot to fasten the envelope together.

To decorate, I cut two Spellbinders vines of passion hearts, using 2 outside prices and 2 filagree parts. I overlapped the two together at an angle and attached to the envelope. I next cut some roses which I coloured with the colour theme of the wedding. I mounted these onto coordinating ribbon and some white net and arranged on top of the entwined hearts.

For the gift card. I took a piece of white Centura pearl, cut it to 6in x 6 in. I then scored it in half to make a card of 6in x 3in.  Cut a peice of black card measuring 5 3/4 x 2 3/4. Matt this to the centura pearl leaving a quarter inch boarder. Cut another piece of white centura pearl 5 1/2 x 2 1/2, matt and layer this too. I cut a spellbinder rectangular sign in silver mirri and attached to the card. I then cut a black peice to fit inside the sign. Using silver peel off letters and numbers wrote 4 u. This completed the money wallet, in my opinion making I stand out from the rest.  Bye for Now, Jo xx

7 comments:

  1. Great to see you have started a blog. Brilliant idea for giving money or gift card as a present. This one looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you have done it, what a beautiful wallet my friend, just gorgeous, love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland - feel free to pop round and have a nosey!!
    Great money wallet - lovely project and must useful!
    Kate
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant, I'm sure you will love Blogland.
    Happy crafting Sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous money wallet! Love the design. Welcome to blog land I hope you enjoy your journey.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, beautifully made, they look stunning!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo!! That looks amazing hunni! Fancy you having a blog!! Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete