Sunday 29 June 2014

Floral Fashionista with Feathers

Happy Monday People of Blogland.  Hope you all had a lovely weekend whatever you were doing.  The sun was out in Blackpool yesterday and for once I actually sat out in it.  Couldn't believe how intense the heat was.  I've actually quite a good little sun trap in my garden, so couldn't sit out too long.  Crafting was calling  my name which inspired me with my share today.

The card is made from a fairly recent  Hunkydory kit called Floral Fashionista.  The kit itself consist of 4 cards.  They are kinetic format which automatically gives the inside of the card instant wow factor. As there is quite alot of foiling on the toppers, there was very little to do.  I wanted to give the card something extra so decided to add marabou feathers to the skirt.  The card took about 15 minutes to put together, but looks so effective, and went down really well with Frankie's (My son's girlfriend).



MATERIALS NEEDED

Green Card Blank and co-ordinating toppers
Foam pads and Double sided tape
3 Marabou Feathers Light Pink, Dusky Pink & Lavender from Stash
Pearls from my Stash

I chose the Green card blank as the topper had blonde hair.
Lay the card blank flat and place the toppers and sentiments where you want them to go. If you do this before you stick them down, you can easily move them about if you're not happy.
Fold the pre scored card bank into shape, I personally burnish to give a crisper finish, then attach the 8 inner sentiments. Securing 4 with foam pads and 4 with double sided tape on an alternate basis for dimension and interest.
The inside topper I attached with double sided tape. 
Before attaching the topper to the front of the card I layered the marabou feather and shook them a few times to get them to mingle together then fastened them together with tape.  Line them up with the skirt, then attach the topper using foam pads to give some dimension.
Decorate with pearls.  For an added extra I personalised the card with her name along the ribbon using silver peel offs.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.  Please feel free to leave a comment, good or bad, its your choice.  Hope you have a great day,  would love it if you could visit again.

Lots of Love and Hugs
Jo
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment