Tuesday 8 July 2014

CHRISTMAS DECO DANCE

Hello to the people of Blogland, thanks for popping in to see me.  Hope you are enjoying your day.  Going on the computer used to fill me with absolute horror at one time.  I am still learning and a bit of a technophobe, but I have to admit, I am enjoying sharing my crafty journey with you.  In truth, I nearly gave up cardmaking a few years ago when I was first diagnosed with Chiari Malformation. The reason I didn't was down to a brilliant cognative therapist  who coaxed me into starting to believe in myself.  Not only was it good to keep my brain ticking but also having dexterity problems, its good for my hands too.  I can't craft everyday, I can't always finish a project in one session, but that's the reason I love what I do, cos I can craft when my body lets me.  

As so many people are sharing Christmas ideas, I thought maybe I should share some with you.  The card I'm going to share today and some over the next few days are from Hunkydory's Deco Christmas from last years release.  Very little is needed to complete this card, simple and effective. Uses just an a4 sheet of card acetate and a topper.




MATERIALS REQUIRED

Hunkydory adorablescorable cream cardstock with foiled swirls
A4 Foiled Snowflake Acetate
Couple Dancing Topper
Black Marabou Feathers
Sentiment
Paper trimmer/guillotine
Hougie Board
Double sided tape
Silicon Glue

Measure and cut the card to 6 x 9 inches, Using the hougie board score at 1,2,3.5,5 and 7 inches, fold into a concertina starting and finishing with a mountain fold. This becomes the base.  Also cut a 1 x 6 panel from the remaining card for the front of the card to cover your workings, a 2 x 6 for the roof of the card, and finally if card allows a 2 x 6 to cover the workings on the back of the card
Trim down the acetate to measure 6 inches wide, score in half and burnish the fold.  Attach to the card base by lining up with both edges, front and back.  Using the 2 x 6 piece of card, score in half and burnish, and fix this to the top of the acetate becoming a roof as it were.  With the remaining foiled cardstock, starting with the front 1 x 6 fix this the front of the card at the base, the other 2 x 6 fix to the back again to cover up your workings,
As the Acetate is very busy, I attached the topper to the fight hand side of the front using silicone glue.  The reason for doing so is because I didn't want the image lost inside the acetate attached to the centre step. Finally attach the sentiment again with the silicone glue and adhere the marabou feathers using the silicone to keep them secure.  Allow to dry fully.  The foiling does all the work on this card, with a little embellishment for extra glamour and glitz.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog.  Hope your time here has been of interest to you,  Thats all for now, until my next post, please take care, and look after yourself, keep smiling, its the best medicine.  Please feel free to leave any comments.  I value time and opinion so by all means leave yours.

Take care
Happy Crafting
Lots of Love
Jo 
xxx

N.B.  - VISIT www.cardcraftplus.co.uk for the Deco Kit, Acetate and much more
                       www.hougiecrafts.com 
                       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment