Wednesday 25 February 2015

MOTHER'S DAY KEEPSAKE




MOTHER'S DAY - 15TH MARCH


Hello again, thanks for stopping in to visit.  Today I'm sharing an MDF Plaque I made. I have recently found Dreamees products and have fallen for them in quite a big way.  They are lovely to work with.  I have only ever used MDF a couple of times before but have never tried this before.



MATERIALS USED

LARGE SHAPED MDF PLAQUE BY DREAMEES
(BOUGHT VIA CREATE AND CRAFT.TV BUT POSSIBLY AVAILABLE DIRECT)
KRAFT CARD,
CENTURA PEARL
DECORATIVE PAPER FROM MY STASH
RIBBON, LACE, SPIDERS WEB AND PEARLS TOO
PRINTED FLOWERS FROM THE CD
STAMP VERSE FROM DREAMEES
MILLED LAVENDER DISTRESS INK 
VINE DIE CUTS (SUE WILSON)


I didn't prime the plaque first. I used cosmic shimmer glue and adhered decorative paper to the plaque, then cut away the excess.
Went around the edges with Milled Lavender distress ink to give a vintage feel.
Stamped the Verse onto Centura Pearl. Then, die cut using an oval frame and layered onto coordinating paper.  Cut a strip of kraft card, using the same paper as on the layered frame attached to the centre. Dressed with lace and ribbon. Attached the sentiment using foam tape, to give a little dimension, Attached the spiders web, Dressed the flowers around the sentiment (i do this before gluing to be sure I'm happy with the end result.) I tucked ribbon behind the sentiment at the top and looped to give a swirl effect.  Attached pearl string.  I used a coordinating ribbon to make the handle. 


Thanks so much for popping in.  I would appreciate any comments you would like to make, it makes it all worth it.  Take care until next time, Stay safe

Much Love
Jo 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment